Experience easier harvest and more profits
Available exclusively from BrettYoung, PARLAY® is a plant growth regulator for turf-type perennial ryegrass seed production — it decreases plant height and reduces the lodging that can rob growers of yield. Increase your swathing and harvesting speed and add more profit to your farming operation!
Plant Growth Regulators
- Plant Growth Regulators (PGR) are readily used around the world for grass seed production
- The majority of perennial ryegrass acres in New Zealand, Oregon and Minnesota are treated with plant growth regulators
- Manitoba seed growers have seen yield increases of 200 LB/Acre, plus improved ease of harvest management
- Higher Yield – Western Canadian growers have seen 10%+ yield advantage
- Harvestability – Faster swathing speed and easier handling with less dry matter
- More Profit
Manitoba Forage Seed Association Trial Sites
These trials explored the effect nitrogen ramping and Parlay application would have on lodging and seed yield in perennial ryegrass. In this trial there are two different fertility treatments: 120 lbs N and 180 lbs N and 3 different Parlay treatments: 0.5L/ac, 0.7L ac, and 1.0L/ac. Higher Parlay application rates resulted in greater seed yield and shorter plant height which significantly reduced lodging.
"Applying Parlay to perennial ryegrass is a logical choice with a net profit increase of 12-15% with 120 lbs/ac in Calrin and 5-12% in Homewood."
-Marc Vincent, BScH., MSc, MFSA Research Manager